1. According to different natural environments, optical cables are divided into indoor optical cables and outdoor optical cables. The center of the fiber optic cable is an optical fiber, and the center of the optical fiber is usually a glass core. The core is surrounded by a glass shell with a lower refractive index than the core, so the optical signal entering the core is reflected by the cladding interface, allowing the light to pass through the core. Because the optical fiber itself is very fragile and cannot be directly applied to the wiring system, the optical fiber bundle is usually bundled with the outer protective layer and the middle tension wire. This is the so-called optical cable, which usually contains one or more optical fibers.
2. The characteristics of indoor optical cable: The tensile strength of indoor optical cable is small, the protective layer is poor, but it is relatively lighter and more economical. The indoor optical cable is mainly suitable for the horizontal wiring subsystem and vertical backbone subsystem. Outdoor fiber optic cables have higher tensile strength, a thicker protective layer, and are usually armored. Outdoor optical cables are mostly used for subsystems of building complexes and can be used for outdoor direct burial, pipeline, overhead, and underwater laying.
3. Features of outdoor optical cables: mainly composed of optical fiber (thin glass filaments such as hair), plastic protective sleeves, and plastic sheaths. There are no metals such as gold, silver, copper, and aluminum in the optical cable, and generally have no recycling value. Outdoor optical cables have higher tensile strength, a thicker protective layer, and are usually armored (that is, metal-sheathed). Outdoor optical cables are mainly suitable for interconnection between buildings and between remote networks.
4. Outdoor optical cable is a communication line that realizes optical signal transmission. The cable core is composed of a certain number of optical fibers in a certain way and is covered with a sheath, and some are also covered with an outer sheath. An indoor optical cable is a communication line in which a certain number of optical fibers form a cable core in a certain way, and are covered with a sheath, and some are also covered with an outer sheath to realize optical signal transmission.
5. Indoor optical cable: yellow single-mode optical cable, orange multi-mode optical cable, aqua-green 10G optical cable. Outdoor optical cable: Generally, it has a black outer sheath with a relatively hard texture. Also to consider the effects of ultraviolet radiation and corrosion resistance.
Hunan GL technology Co., Ltd. (GL) is 17 years experienced leading manufacturer of fiber optic cables in China，If you need any questions about fiber optical cables pls feel free to contact us at Email: email@example.com, we will try our best to support you.