Drop cable is commonly known as indoor hanging wiring optical cable, and its scientific name: Bow-type drop cable for access network; because its shape is butterfly-shaped; it is also called Bow-type Drop Cable and figure-8 optical cable. However, the covered cable is mostly single-core or double-core structure, and can also be made into a four-core structure. The cross-section is in the shape of a figure eight, and the reinforcement is located at the center of the two circles. Metal or non-metallic structure can be used. center. What kind of optical cable should be used in the residential building of the user? What problems should be paid attention to in the project of the drop cable?
First of all, it is recommended that users use leather cable. Because of the softness and lightness of the Drop Cable, it is widely used in the access network. For example:
1. Special bending-resistant optical fiber provides greater bandwidth and enhances network transmission performance;
2. Two parallel FRP or metal reinforcements make the optical cable have good compression resistance and protect the optical fiber;
3. The optical cable has simple structure, light weight and strong practicability;
4. Unique groove design, easy to peel off, convenient to connect, simplify installation and maintenance;
5. Low-smoke halogen-free flame-retardant polyethylene sheath or flame-retardant PVC sheath, environmental protection;
6. It can be matched with a variety of on-site connectors and can be completed on-site.
Secondly, there are several specifications that need to be paid attention to during the construction of the Drop Cable:
1. The type of residential building, environmental conditions and the routing of existing cables should be considered before the installation of the home optical cable. At the same time, it is necessary to make a comprehensive judgment on the economy and safety of construction, the convenience of future maintenance and user satisfaction. .
2. The existing concealed pipes should be used to lay the optical fiber cables. For residential buildings without concealed pipes or the concealed pipes are not available, it is advisable to lay the butterfly-shaped drop-in optical cables by laying corrugated pipes in the building.
3. For residential buildings with vertical wiring bridges, it is advisable to install corrugated pipes and floor crossing boxes in the bridges for putting butterfly-shaped drop-in optical cables. If there is no space to install the corrugated pipe in the bridge frame, the winding pipe should be used to wrap the laying of the butterfly-shaped drop optical cable to protect the optical cable.
4. Because the butterfly-shaped incoming optical cable cannot be immersed in water for a long time, it is generally not suitable to be laid directly in an underground pipeline.
5. The minimum bending radius of the butterfly-shaped drop cable should be in accordance with: during the laying process it should not be less than 30mm; after fixing it should not be less than 15mm.
6. Under normal circumstances, the traction of the butterfly drop cable should not exceed 80% of the allowable tension of the optical cable; the instantaneous maximum traction must not exceed 100% of the allowable tension of the optical cable, and the main traction should be added to the reinforcing member of the optical cable.
7. Optical cable trays should be used to carry butterfly-shaped drop-in optical cables, and cable trays should be used when laying optical cables so that the optical cable trays can rotate automatically to prevent the optical cables from being entangled.
8. In the process of optical cable laying, strict attention should be paid to the tensile strength and bending radius of the optical fiber to prevent the optical fiber from being twisted, twisted, damaged and stepped on.