What is aerial fiber optic cables?
Self-supporting aerial cables, also known as all-dielectric self-supporting (ADSS) cables are bonded to insulated steel or all-dielectric messenger for support. Usually, ADSS cables are made up of heavier jackets and stronger metal. On the other hand, catenary wire aerial cables are the usual outdoor loose-tube cables that can be lashed to a messenger or another cable.
Based on the structures and materials of the aerial optical fiber cables, there are various other kinds of self-supporting aerial fiber cables available in the market. Some of the most commonly used ones are GYTC8S, GYXTC8S, GYXTC8Y, and more.
There are two methods of laying overhead optical cables:
1. Suspension wire type: first fasten the pole with a suspension wire, and then hang the optical cable on the suspension wire with a hook, and the load of the optical cable is carried by the suspension wire.
2. Self-supporting type: use a self-supporting optical cable structure, the optical cable is in the shape of "8", the upper part is a self-supporting line, and the load of the optical cable is carried by the self-supporting line.
Its laying requirements are as follows:
1. When laying optical cables in the flat environment by overhead method, use hooks to hang them; when laying optical cables in mountains or steep slopes, use binding methods to lay optical cables. The optical cable joint should choose a straight pole position that is easy to maintain, and the reserved optical cable should be fixed on the pole with the reserved bracket.
2. The optical cable of the overhead pole road is required to make a U-shaped telescopic bend every 3 to 5 poles, and about 15m is reserved for every 1km.
3. Use galvanized steel pipes to protect the overhead (wall) optical cables leading up, and the nozzles of the pipes should be blocked with fireproof mud.
4. Aerial optical cables should hang optical cable warning signs every 4 bars or in special areas such as crossing roads, rivers, and bridges.
5. A three-prong protective tube should be added at the intersection of the empty suspension line and the power line for protection, and the extension of each end should not be less than 1m.
6. The pull wires of electric poles near the road should be covered with light sticks, and the length is 2m.
7. In order to prevent the induced current of the suspension wire from hurting people, each pole pull wire is required to be electrically connected to the suspension wire, and each pull wire position should be installed with a pull wire ground wire. The suspension wire is required to be directly connected with a lining ring and grounded directly at the terminal.
8. The overhead optical cable is usually 3m from the ground. When entering the building, it must pass through the U-shaped steel protective sleeve on the outer wall of the building, and then extend downward or upward. The aperture of the optical cable entrance is generally 5cm.